Cessens has plenty of trails that make it a perfect place for mountain biking.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Mountain bikers enjoy biking through the Cessens trails and forest, either on offical tracks or offroad.
Albens Route number 11
This trail is managed and has been marked by the Communaute de Communes d’Albens (sort of County Council). Route #11 departs from La Biolle, goes through Monduran and Laval before reaching Cessens and the Col du Sapenay. The way back takes mountain bikers along the Cessens and Corsuet mountains and offers nice views over the Lac du Bourget.
A map is available at the Albens Tourist Information Center.
Savoie Randolac Routes
The Communaute d’Agglomérations du lac du Bourget (Lac du Bourget Council), has created many mountain bike routes, among which five go across Cessens le Sapenay. These trails are marked with « Savoie Randolac » signs:
- La Chautagnarde – Expert level. 2 day tour leaving from Aix-les-Bains.
- Les dessus de l’Abbaye – Expert level. 2 day tour leaving from Aix-les-Bains.
- Le VVT tour du lac du Bourget – Expert level. 2 day tour leaving from Aix-les-Bains.
- La Chindriette – Intermediate level. Leaving from Aix-les-Bains.
- De haut en bas – Intermediate level. Leaving from Chindrieux.
“Chemins du soleil” itinerary
The « Chemins du soleil » itinerary , is a set of moutain bike routes in the French alpine foothills, going from the Geneva Lake to the Mediterranean Sea.
Route « La Villette – Vars » departs from La Biolle, crosses Cessens to finally arrive in Chindrieux. Its downhill slope of about 700 meters gradients is quite famous among mountain bikers.
The non-profit organization La Biolle Loisirs, organizes an yearly moutain bike race called « Les balcons du lac ». The 2015 edition will take place next fall. Information and registration online.